"Dangerous..." is how Charbel Rouhana depicts the precarious political, economical, societal, musical and
interpersonal spheres of modern times. He expresses these volatile states in 10 songs sometimes with humor sometimes with a melancholic approach but always with verve. He sings about travel and the difficulties in obtaining a Visa, about the country where the living is still easy, about the love of a woman, about coffee rituals, about change and about the multifaceted society of Lebanon. This is Charbel Rouhana's first all songs album.
1. VISA This song is about being granted a Visa from consul “Lisa” to enter the “Civilized World”. It depicts the anxiety, the praying, the cheering and the fulfillment that people undergo during this difficult and intense process. Charbel ends the song with a calling to stay in Lebanon where the living is easy and more delightful than any where else.
2. ROSANA Traditional song. Rosana the pretty one is on her way to Aleppo and tomorrow she’ll be in Damascus. She fills her bags with pretty garments and travels back to her loved ones.
3. HI KIFAK CA VA It is becoming more and more common for the Lebanese to use three different languages concurrently to express themselves. “Hi, Keefak, Ca vas” for instance, illustrates this trilingual expression for greeting. Is the Arabic language incapable of expressing modern times? Do we really need to use western languages to enhance the expression of our native tongue?
4. COFFEE He promised her he would come. She heats the kettle . Winter passes and spring blooms, still he doesn’t come. She waits for him and keeps the kettle ready.
5. DANGEROUS WOMAN To the authentic woman... as difficult as she is to find.
6. MUTE BIRD The longing is there, so what’s keeping them apart? Is it the distance or is it just time? Is there still affection or is it just the reminiscence of an old flame?
7. LAURA Laura is in love with him but she lives with another. He urges her to choose him, but who knows what Laura is thinking?
8. SLEEPLESS NIGHTS He fell in love one summer night… She haunts him ever since.
9. LACHOU EL TEGHYEER Corruption, Sectarianism, Ignorance, Vulgarity, Confusion, Immigration…Let’s hope for change.